Book: NanoStrike by Pete Barber
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Pete Barberabout this book: I wrote NanoStrike's opening scene a few months before the 7/7/2005 tube train attack in London. I traveled by underground for many years when I lived and worked in England. Unattended packages have freaked me out ever since! Originally the inciting incident was a suicide bombing. I shelved the idea for obvious reasons. Around 2011, I read an article about nanotechnology and it got me thinking that despite the massive benefit of building 'things' from their component atoms, that technology, because it could self-replicate, would make a terrifying weapon. And so the terrorist attack was changed, and a techno-thriller was born to explore "what if terrorists had a nanoweapon?"
Oddly, during the writing, I spent far more time researching the Hajj (Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca) than I did on nanotech. Dawud, the genius inventor of nanobots was a devout Muslim. When I took him on the six-day pilgrimage, he underwent a religious epiphany that changed him in a fundamental manner. It surprised me how strongly the rites at Mecca affected both him and me.
Here are a few Amazon reviewers' quotes to give an idea of how NanoStrike is perceived:
• Fast paced. Heart pounding. Couldn't "turn" the pages fast enough. I have never read a book with a storyline like this. — Sheri Barnholdt
• This book knocked my socks off! Read it ... You will understand the reference! — Ann H.B.
• I love Mitch Rapp, I love Tom Clancy. This book has only the good characteristics of both. — LeonInTexas
• I'm glad I picked up this book although it cost me a day. Hard to put down once started. — bach4me
• Well crafted, a page turner & my favorite: grammar & punctuation excellent! — Kristin Berhgan
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Pete Barber
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Love Poison by Pete Barber|
• Book Review: Blood Tide - A Doug Brown Terrorism Thriller by Jay Tinsiano|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|