Book: Teaching College - The Ultimate Guide to Lecturing, Presenting, and Engaging Students by Norman Eng, Ed.D.categories: Book, College Instruction, Pedagogy, College Classroom Management, College Syllabus, Professor, Students, Higher Education Instruction, Effective Teaching, Research, Teaching College
Norman Eng, Ed.D.about this book: Are you frustrated with teaching college students? Are you new to teaching and not sure what to do? Maybe you thought you were a good teacher, but now you're not so sure.
If any of these issues describes you, then "Teaching College: The Ultimate Guide to Lecturing, Presenting, and Engaging Students" is your guide. It is a practical step-by-step guide to supercharge your teaching from Day One.
Dr. Norman Eng argues that college students are busy--and that most instructors are too busy thinking about the content, not the students. Without knowing their needs, their goals, and their frustrations, professors will never get students to invest in the course.
With his background in marketing and K-12 education, Dr. Eng shows how to think with a "marketer's mindset" and use K-12 instructional approaches like the "You, Y'all, We" to powerfully change the way students learn.
• "The practical strategies in the book is what's missing in higher ed. No other book helps college instructors with such step-by-step detail. A must read for the novice (and even seasoned) college instructor."
— Allan Ornstein, education professor, St. John's University, former Fulbright Scholar, and author of 65 books and 400 articles
• "A great resource for college instructors who are interested in excellent teaching--accessible, practical, and full of actionable research-based suggestions."
— Yong Zhao, Foundation Distinguished Professor, School of Education, University of Kansas
• "Dr. Eng has created an accessible, evidence based guide to effective college instruction that will be particularly valuable for relatively new faculty members who are coming out of graduate programs where there were limited opportunities to teach. He provides practical guidance and anticipates and responds to the numerous challenges all instructors face."
— David H. Monk, Dean, College of Education, Penn State University
• "A really useful book for any college professor who wants to move beyond lectures and give students deeper engagement. A practical, easy to read, and important guide for anyone in higher education."
— Jo Boaler, Professor of Mathematics Education, Stanford University, best-selling author of Mathematical Mindsets, and co-founder of YouCubed.org
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: How to Succeed in High School and Prep for College - Book 1 of How to Succeed in High School, College and ...|
• Book Review: High School Substitute Teacher's Guide - YOU CAN DO THIS! by Cherise Kelley|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|