Book: STORM LOG-0505 (The First Detective Deans Novel) by James D Mortaincategories: Book, Paranormal Crime, Psychics and Mediums, British Detectives, Ghosts and Haunting, Murder Mystery, Police Procedural, Serial Killer, Mystic Detectives, Missing Persons, Horror and Occult, Supernatural Crime Thriller
James D Mortainabout this book: STORM LOG-0505 is a detective crime thriller with a twist of supernatural spice.
At the core of the story is Andrew Deans, a conscientious detective who battles with his obligation to his family and to the victim of a brutal crime. Tasked to locate a missing Bath student, Deans' world, as he knows it, is about to change beyond recognition as he encounters inexplicable phenomena attributed to his own 'paranormal awakening', in what soon becomes a murder hunt. Struggling to comprehend his newfound insight, Deans is closing in on a sophisticated killer, but the nearer he gets, the more departed from reality he becomes.
STORM LOG-0505 is the first of a three-part crime mystery. I began writing the story in 2012, following a chance meeting with a well-known author who inspired me to open my laptop and my mind. Storm logs are the beginning of most UK police investigations and I thought it only fitting for the title of my first book. Being an ex-detective within the CID, readers will find the action authentic, and the characters realistic.
• "Mo Hayder/Tess Gerritson esque but with an authenticity which puts it ahead of both... Definitely, the best book I have read for a very long time." Amazon Review
I have a fascination of the paranormal, and am lucky enough to have a close friend with extraordinary intuitive ability, who inspired the psychic character, Denise Moon and provided that thread of the storyline with credibility.
• "This is an excellent police procedural novel, and that for the authors first published work! The basic idea behind the storyline is well thought out, the characters are very believable and it's very difficult to put down." Amazon Review
The relationship between Detective Deans and Denise Moon continues into the next books as Deans comes to terms with his 'new life'.
• "One of the best crime stories I have read which was not written by the likes of James Patterson." Amazon Review
• "A page turner, I found it unputdownable. Really engaging and brilliantly paced. Best read of the year so far."Amazon Review
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Kindred Killers - A Stanford Carter Murder Mystery by Gary Starta|
• Book Review: Sugar & Spice - The controversial crime thriller novel (When you think the unthinkable, where do you ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|