Book: One Big Beautiful Thing by Marie Flanigancategories: Book, Contemporary Women's Fiction, Chick Lit, Grief, Art, Catholic, Love, Mothers and Daughters, Relationships, Friendship, Painting, Loudoun, Self-Discovery, Starting Over
Marie Flaniganabout this book: One Big Beautiful Thing is a story about starting over. We follow Kate as she takes a passionate journey of self-discovery after a tragic loss.
• "The most compelling part of this book are its wonderfully flawed, and yet knowable characters. Kate, is an artist who's been through a significant loss and is reassessing her life and what she wants. We see her at the beginning of the story making choices to pacify her mother, and through the telling we find her becoming her own woman, learning to live her own life."
• "Flanigan does a wonderful job of painting Kate's story. Her character is beautifully portrayed and her relationships with others in the story are compelling. A quick read and a delightful story."
• "If you love a good love story, this one's for you! Kate is a character with enough flaws to be realistic, but enough talent and quirkiness to be intriguing. The characters have depth and the story is complex and passionate."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Talk Gertie to Me by Lois Winston|
• Book Review: Scion of Gethsemane by B. A. Braxton|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|