Book: When the Bough Breaks by Miss Maecategories: Book, Young Adult, Viet Nam War, 1960s, First Date, Scandal, Preditors & Editors, Thunderbird Convertible, Playboy, Virginia, Scary, Suspenseful, Cliff Hanger, Small Town Family Saga
Miss Maeabout this book: This was the first book I wrote oh so many years ago. I meant the book to be all about my hunky hero Parker. Through the years of writing, re-writing, his character changed, and his background changed. I meant the book to be a romance between him and Darlene, but the plot morphed into a small town family saga with a delicious hidden mystery at its core. I added the subtle twists and turns, gave it the era of the 1960's flavor, and combined it all together. When this story won the Best Book in the YA Category at P&E in 2009, it was simply the icing on the cake.
• "Miss Mae has captured yet again another lovely romance along with a mysterious twist to the story line."
— TN Girl, Five Stars at Amazon
• "Miss Mae sure how's how to tell a story. It's labeled YA but really it can be enjoyed by a reader of any age."
— LAS Reviewer of "The Long and the Short of It", Four Stars at Amazon
• "Though a sweet romance is essential to this tale, it is far from the entire story. There were enough twists and surprises to keep me turning page after page to find out what would happen next."
— Rebecca J. Vickery, Five Stars at Amazon
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Miss Mae
Video 1: When the Bough Breaks by Miss Mae
Video 2: Meet Miss Mae, the author
• Book Review: The Playboy's Baby by JM Stewart|
• Book Review: No Commitments - A Novel by Val Sharp|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|