Book: Another Spring - Five heart-warming seasonal tales by John Needhamcategories: Book, Social History, Country Living, Young Love, Ethnicity, 1920s, 1950s, 1960s, Adoption, Short Stories
John Needhamabout this book: Another Spring is a brand new collection of sometimes heart-warming, sometimes poignant, unashamedly emotional tales. Two are slightly altered, borrowed chapters from my full length novels Convergence and Forebears, one is a taste of my upcoming novel The One of Us and the final two are stand-alone short stories.
They are tales of the seasons of the year; stories from the seasons of life. They are tales of people of the present and people from the past playing out life's dramas, major or minor, with consequences sometimes trivial, sometimes profound.
• In Awakening an un-named black girl who thought she was destined for spinsterhood finds unexpected love.
• In Skeggy Day Out a young girl disports herself in her bathing costume at the seaside in 1924 and nearly comes to grief.
• In Baby Blues two couples go through the hopes and anxieties of meeting babies they hope to adopt, finding something in common.
• In Dream, Dream, Dream the heartache of rejection for an unattractive teenage boy in the 1950s works out fine in the end.
• In Another Spring a writer remembers recent traumatic events involving a copper beech tree in his cottage garden.
The stories in this collection are aimed directly at your emotions. Usually compelling, often moving and always tender, they'll warm the cockles of your heart!
I hope you enjoy them.
• 'I loved these stories. They're appetising tasters for Mr Needham's complete novels. Highly recommended.'
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by John Needham
• Book Review: Split at the Root - A Memoir of Love and Lost Identity by Catana Tully|
• Book Review: Forebears by John Needham|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|