Book: Sewing Can Be Dangerous And Other Small Threads by S. R. Mallerycategories: Book, Murder, Action, Romance, History, Crime, Mystery, Salem Witchcraft, Haight-Ashbury, Triangle Shirtwaist Fire, Nazi Germany, Cruise Ship, Katchina Dolls, Short Stories
S. R. Malleryabout this book: Murder. Action. Romance. History. It's all in S. R. Mallery's SEWING CAN BE DANGEROUS & OTHER SMALL THREADS, where the eleven long short stories range from plastic surgery joining drug trafficking, to a U.S. Antebellum slave using codes in her quilts as ticket to freedom; from a couple hiding Christian passports in a comforter in Nazi Germany to a curse dating back to the Salem Witchcraft Trials; from the infamous 1911 New York Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire to a 1960's Haight-Asbury love affair gone horribly askew, just to name a few.
• "Once again, Ms. Mallery delivers some of the best writing it's ever been my pleasure to read! She is quite simply a master story-teller." — Dianne Harman
• "I was amazed by the variety of stories that took place in various locations, and at different historical times. I'd half expected some repetition in story lines and this was simply not the case." — Diane Major
• "SCBD is a box of bon-bons, every story an eye-opening surprise. Eat one and you'll want to devour the whole box. A sparkling, irresistibly readable follow-up to her accomplished debut novel, Unexpected Gifts." — Grady Miller, LIGHTEN UP NOW: The Grady Diet
• "Moving, engaging and powerful - the core of this collection is superb and so is its prose. These stories are sure to stay with you long after you finished them. This is great historical story telling." — Christoph Fischer
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by S. R. Mallery
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Sewing Can Be Dangerous And Other Small Threads by S. R. Mallery
• Book Review: Winner Lose All - A Spy vs Spy Thriller by William F. Brown|
• Book Review: Murder Caribbean-Style (High Seas Mystery - Book 1) by Diane Rapp|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|