Book: Oddscapes and Quirkitudes - A collection of short stories, tending towards the odd by May J. Panayicategories: Book, Fantasy, Psychological, Outre, Apocalyptic, Horror, Drama, Weird, Odd, Quirky, Fiction, Unusual, Short Stories
May J. Panayiabout this book: Oddscapes and Quirkitudes is a collection of short stories that tend towards oddness. They vary in style, from post apocalyptic to horror. From fantasy to people watching drama. There is something for everyone in here. An engaging collection of stories to make you wonder. To pass the time on a journey. To curl up with in bed.
Some review extracts;
• Michael K: Surprisingly, it is the 'people watching' category that really brings the collection to its peak. I nearly growled "Yeah" aloud more than once, pleased that someone else felt the same way and had put these observations into print.
• H. Macmenamin: I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. There are stories here to suit every type of mood, as long as you are looking for something a bit odd.
• Maria: Many had a dream-like sense, some read like old fashioned ghost stories and others appeared more grounded in reality only to have a quirky twist at the end. Very different stories but the theme of travelling to strange places to find oneself only to return home to achieve a true sense of self cropped up in several stories.
• Thomas E.H: Colourful tales woven from a rich tapestry with a lyrical voice, and beautiful poetic imagery.
• S.Ralph: There's actually something for everyone in this book. Yes, it is odd; in places it is definitely dark and at times it really does give you something to ponder over but that's all part of the fun.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by May J. Panayi (more)
• Book Review: Weird Tales by Richard Ferguson|
• Book Review: Thirty Scary Tales - Creepy Horror Stories by Rayne Hall|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|