Book: My Father's Prostitute - Story of a Stolen Childhood by Steven Whitacre
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Steven Whitacreabout this book: While there are many books about growing up in the shadow of sexual abuse written by women, there are very few written by men and none quite like My Father's Prostitute: Story of a Stolen Childhood. Likened by one reviewer to the movie Rocky, My Father's Prostitute takes the reader on an emotional journey through the ups and downs of living with a secret, ultimately reminding us of the power of the human spirit.
Not just a story of the unthinkable, but a story of hope and perseverance, the author shares his childhood in such a way that anyone, and everyone, can garner something from. This book it not just for victims of abuse, nor is it only for loved ones, but for everyone.
What reviewers are saying:
• "Honest and gritty. But best of all - hopeful"
• "powerful in every sense"
• "Beautifully written and gripping from the start"
• "The author's message of determination and hope manages to be uplifting even through the darkness."
An Amazon best seller in 3 different categories, it just may be the most powerful book you read this year.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: I Love You Baby Girl - A Heartbreaking True Story of Child Abuse (Not a Victim... But a Survivor) by ...|
• Book Review: Her Silent Tears by Kara Tollman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|