Book: Welcome Home by Neil Davies
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Neil Daviesabout this book: Welcome Home is a serial killer thriller with added ghosts. It started because I wanted to write something with a haunted house in it because my wife loves haunted house movies. What I didn't want to do was try to write another Haunting Of Hill House or Hell House, so no psychic investigators and, for that matter, no ghosts attached to the house itself. Instead the ghosts are attached to the person.
I also wanted to throw a serial killer into the mix, but I wanted to write things from his point of view, so there are whole chapters (in italics) written as the killer, giving his perspective of the events going on.
The violence in the book, plus the ghosts, really push it over the boundaries of a thriller into horror so I've always classified it as a horror/thriller where I'm able to. So, as long as you're not too squeamish, come along for the ride.
Quotes from Amazon reviews:
• "One of the greatest mysteries I have read and I would 100% recommend this book"
• "All I can say is wow!!! If you like serial killer books then you must read this book. It is one of the best I have read and I have read many."
• "I found this book to be more than a read, it was an obsession. I could not stop reading until I reached the last word."
• "I thought I had this book figured out in the beginning and boy was I wrong! It definitely had a great twist towards the end that I didn't expect and even more right through the final page."
• "Lots of gore, a fair amount of sex, some spectacular plot twists and a brilliant ending..."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Neil Davies
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Breaking Point - A Gripping Serial Killer Thriller (A Detective Jack Creed Police Procedural Series Book ...|
• Book Review: An Impossible Dilemma - A Psychological Thriller Novel by Netta Newbound|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|