Book: Age Should Never Be An Excuse For Not Succeeding by Chris Vacacategories: Book, Motivation, Inspiration, Comeback Story, Over 50 Broke, Life Style, Success, Self-Help
Chris Vacaabout this book: Many of us were hit hard because of the current economic downturn; it is especially hard for baby boomers. Being faced with financial difficulties with retirement not far away can be devastating, I myself faced the same situation.
After losing my mortgage business at the age of 56 because of the housing melt down, things just seemed to go downhill from there. After my business fell apart, I also was evicted from my apartment, had my car repossessed and to top things off, my biggest humiliation was when I had to call my ex wife for a place to live.
Now at age 60 I enjoy being an entrepreneur, public speaker, trainer, and author. With my motivational articles, videos on YouTube called Over 50 And Broke and a web site with the same name, I try to show the over 50 crowd that come back stories are real and possible no matter what age you might be.
Some of the things you will learn from my book are:
• Intro: This book is being written for those of you who have ever uttered the words "I'm too old to do that" or "I'm too old to start something new" or any other phrase that contain the words "I'm too old" or "at my age."
• Over 50's hit the hardest: The harsh reality for baby boomers and what they are facing during the current economic situation. For those over 50 the jobless rate has doubled since the recession began and the older you are when you lose a job, the harder it is to find a new one.
• Do we really know what success is?: Describing the different meanings of success, it is different for each individual. Do not base you success on what other people say it is, although success is different for everyone, the steps to get there are the same for everyone.
• Don't be afraid of the F word: Explaining the importance of failure on your way to becoming successful. Without failure, there can be no success. Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
I will learn this and so much more. Stop sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, take control of yourself and your future, this book will show you how.
"The Secret Of Getting Ahead Is Getting Started" - Mark Twain
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Chris Vaca
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: OVER 50 AND BROKE #1
• Book Review: Unemployed, no kidding by Nataša Mulec|
• Book Review: The Unemployed Guy's Guide To Unemployment by Mike N. Mauss|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|