Book: Total Secession by Adam Connellcategories: Book, Ithaca, Tea Party, Road Trip, Prison, Secession, New York, Ulysses, Secede, Odyssey, Odysseus, Futuristic Thriller, Science Fiction
Adam Connellabout this book: America is coming apart. The states—disillusioned with the federal government for so many reasons—have splintered and will become their own sovereign nations.
Grant and Litz are two convicts released early from their Florida prison. They must make it to their homes in the Northeast before the borders go up. Because once the borders are raised, it will be nearly impossible for ex-cons to travel freely, and Grant and Litz might never see their families again.
• "TOTAL SECESSION is a tour de force of speculative fiction. The plot takes many detours, but they are enjoyable ones for readers, especially those who enjoy lyrical use of language." — ForeWord Reviews (5 out of 5 stars)
• Nominated by ForeWord Reviews for their 2012 Book of the Year Award.
• "Connell offers a tough but touching futuristic thriller. Full of fury and feeling, sure to interest fans of crime novels, thrillers and alternate futures." — Kirkus Reviews
• "TOTAL SECESSION is a dialogue-driven book packed with strong characters, lots of description, and a heady attention to local lingo and dialect reflected in speech; the ultimate result providing a realistic account of the human condition." — The Midwest Book Review
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Adam Connell
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Quick Guide to Federal Jobs - What you need to know to obtain a Federal job by Bianca J. Gordon|
• Book Review: How To Own Your Government - How we can improve security at home, balance the federal budget and boost the ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|