Book: A New Birth of Freedom - The Visitor by Robert G. Pielkecategories: Book, Alien Contact, Time Travel, Alternate History, Gettysburg, Abraham Lincoln, Science Fiction
Robert G. Pielkeabout this book: A NEW BIRTH OF FREEDOM: THE VISITOR is book one of a time-travel, alternate-history, double-first-contact science-fiction trilogy. It's a mouth-full, alright, but more than that, it's a mind-full.
Imagine a time when a future generation of humans needs the help of a past generation in order to survive the threat of a planetary pestilence. Now, imagine further that what is needed is the combined forces of the Union Army of the Potomac and the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. Imagine more specifically that they need these two armies for one day, and that day is July 3rd, 1863 -- at the Battle of Gettysburg.
• "The rich details and well-crafted plot are interwoven extremely well with the accurate historical details. I salute the author for both his imagination and his knowledge of history." — Tayler, Amazon
• "A very cleverly conceived alternate history, something that can only be achieved by someone who knows the real history very well, and clearly Dr. Pielke does." — Alanzzzz, Amazon
• "Comprehensively well organized. The real draw is the mystery and excitement that pulls the reader into the story. Pielke's writing style is clean, precise, and perfectly well paced." — San Francisco Review of Books
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Robert G. Pielke
Video: A New Birth of Freedom - The Visitor by Robert G. Pielke
• Book Review: A New Birth of Freedom - The Translator by Robert G. Pielke|
• Book Review: Time and Again by Deborah Heal|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|