Book: Dignity (To Be Sinclair) by Eva Caye
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Eva Cayeabout this book: It takes a unique lady to stand out among the socialites surrounding Emperor Victor Sinclair -- and Lady Felicia Sorensen, a junior scientist, does just that. All Felicia really wants to do is learn enough science to support her inventions, but Victor entices her with all the resources at his command. She does not really want to be Empress, but how could she possibly say no to the Emperor, especially when she knows how much he really needs her?
But will Felicia become Empress at all? From assassination attempts to interstellar war to political censure, the final decision Felicia must make is whether to live in a restrictive marriage, with her every action scrutinized by others, or to pursue a career that could help thousands, millions, possibly billions of people. Between power, intellect, and will, this brilliant, determined couple will shape the course of the galaxy!
• "Told with the lush prose of a Jane Austen, as well as with that author's incisive, detailed and quite pointed barbs at social strata and the constraints on actors thrust onto stages not of their own choosing, this is science fiction masquerading as historical fiction on the grandest scale."
— Beach Bum Books
• "I greatly enjoyed Dignity, and found it to be an easy, sink-into-it read with wonderful dialogue, rich settings, and just enough science for sci-fi, but not so much as to overwhelm me."
— Jennie Alice Lillard, Indie Book Blog Database
• "A lot of people think science fiction is all about the concepts. Ms. Caye is all about the story [ ... ] What's most important is how she shows science isn't just a discipline; it's research by real people for real needs."
— Casey Logan
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Eva Caye
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Dynasty (To Be Sinclair) by Eva Caye|
• Book Review: MAJESTY (To Be Sinclair) by Eva Caye|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|