Book: 3 Keys to Keeping Your Teen Alive - Lessons for Surviving the First Year of Driving by Anne Marie Hayes
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Anne Marie Hayesabout this book: When my daughter Emily was 13, I had a conversation with an insurance specialist-friend that changed my life. She told me my life expectancy was around 94 years but my daughter's was only 80. Her's will jump up after she reaches 30 years. The trick is getting her to 30!
That scared the heck out of me and started me on a quest to get Emily safely over that 30-year hump. I found out the #1 cause of death and injury to teens and young adults is car crashes and 96% of those crashes are preventable! Long story short – I've become a Certified Driving Instructor, a teen safe driving advocate and developed a program to help other parents keep their teen drivers alive too.
More than 2/3 of parents take a do-it-yourself approach to driver training. Others send their teens to driving classes where they get 10 hours or less of in-car practice. It's not nearly enough. So in either case, parents need a structured plan for coaching, supporting and monitoring their teen drivers. Driving is a skill they'll use for the next 70 years and there are never any do-overs in a car. "Turn here" is not an instruction any more than "you drive to the mall" is a driving lesson. Peer pressure is real and there are a lot of crazy drivers out on the same roads your teen will be driving.
The '3 Keys' Program includes:
• 1 Full year of lessons, activities and conversation-starters to help you coach, monitor and support your teen driver
• 25 step-by-step practice lessons to help you teach everything from adjusting mirrors correctly to merging on high-speed freeways
• Dozens of bite-sized videos that demonstrate maneuvers and explain how to avoid potential hazards before they become problems
• 8 checklists of road, light, weather and speed conditions so you cover all the bases (Many parents teach on familiar roads during sunny summer days. Then teens panic when it rains or snows or they hit a pothole.)
• True stories and activities that keep the learning interesting and fun
• Parent-Teen Agreements for all levels of licensing so you won't hear "I thought you meant …"
• Workable action plans so they don't drive impaired or get in a car with a driver who's impaired
• Tools to make sure they get the practice they need, even when life is hectic
• Basic vehicle info so they recognize little problems before they become BIG, expensive problems or make the car unsafe
• Great tips to save you thousands $$$ on gas, vehicle maintenance and insurance!
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Visit related websites:
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video 1: Learn to Drive with the 3 Keys Program
Video 2: Anne Marie Hayes - Sample - Teen Driving
• Book Review: Party, Sex & Drugs by Nesa Kovacs|
• Book Review: Thriving On Truckin' Chaos by Appleton Schneider|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|