Book: Marathon Training & Distance Running Tips - The runners guide for endurance training and racing, running programs from an ex-airborne solider by James Atkinson
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
James Atkinsonabout this book: • "Any book that can capture your imagination and get you motivated with personal tales is (in my honest opinion) brilliant.. That's rare in a Kindle book!" — Chris Naish
• "The author goes into so much detail from the shoes, to posture, to dieting, to your mental state. Not only that, but it is written in a supportive, uplifting way" — Craig
• Want to start running but don't know where to begin
• Are already a runner but want to progress further
• Are stuck on a training plateau
• Need a progressive running plan
• Struggle with your running technique
• Would like practical tips on blisters, diet and much more
Then this book is for you!
Hi I'm Jim,
I have been into fitness for most of my adult life, and I'm now in to my thirties. I have been through the mill when it comes to fitness and achieved contrasting body shapes and conditions, from bodybuilding competitions to endurance training.
In this book I would like to share my experience of long distance running and endurance training, and my personal journey that took me from a "total fail runner" to an elite endurance runner.
You can follow in these footsteps and learn from my mistakes and stories so you won't have to make them yourself.
This will save you a lot of time, effort and potentially pain!
I don't think that I would have ever been into long distance running if it was not for my decision and perseverance to join the army.
This coupled with my time as a personal trainer and fitness instructor really gave me the knowledge, and character to understand how to progress in the long distance and endurance running game.
I have also added some real life anecdotes and stories from my army days that you should find entertaining. These stories all happened and they hold some very valuable lessons that are very apt for this subject.
I hope that you enjoy reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. And please remember that I want you to succeed with your fitness goals so I will always get back to you if you need any further assistance.
So feel free to get InTouch if you need me
Good luck with your training!
All the best
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by James Atkinson
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Running For Beginners - Get A Glimpse Inside The Runner's World by Chris Adkins|
• Book Review: Me and My Shadow by Ray Matthews|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|