Book: Christian Celebrations Cookery by May J. Panayi
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
May J. Panayiabout this book: The title of this book, Christian Celebrations Cookery suggests it is a recipe book solely for Christians. This is not the case. The book is divided into sections, each section beginning with a short description of a Christian festival, then proceeding to give a selection of recipes to cook for that occasion, including starters, mains and desserts. Of course, these recipes can be cooked all year round, regardless of any celebrations. They are all tasty, tried and trusted dishes, which the author herself returns to again and again.
• R.Cheal: The book offers a great selection of dishes for celebrations, easy to follow and definitely an enrichment for my selection of cookery books. The descriptions of the lesser known Christian festivals were delightful and endearing.
• Cheryl204: There are also feast days you may not recognize if you only celebrate Christmas and Easter. It's a good read for the explanation of the holidays and chock full of recipes for them.
• Martha N: My mouth was watering just reading about most of these dishes! This will make a great addition to anyone who loves cooking and celebrations.
• M.Kelly: There are some seriously delicious sounding recipes in here, including a good proportion of vegetarian ones, some of which I'll definitely be sampling soon!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by May J. Panayi (more)
• Book Review: Recipes of Relatives by Janett Lee Wawrzyniak|
• Book Review: Cheap Meals & Cheap Recipes by Amanda Lewis|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|