Book: Yellow Dog Coming by Bill Moorecategories: Book, Thriller, Gay Fiction, Stephen King, Clive Barker, John Irving, Michael Cunningham, Ann Marie Mcdonald, Demonic Possession, Multiple Personalities, Logging Town, Psychological Thriller
Bill Mooreabout this book: Bill Moore was born in England and survived childhood in industrial southern Ontario. For thirty years he has made his home in the mountains of southeastern British Columbia.
"Yellow Dog Coming" is, firstly, a psychological thriller. It's a dry summer, and the people of Lesker, a logging hamlet in southern British Columbia, watch tensely as dry lightning sets fire to the mountains. Terry Pratt, the former sheriff of Lesker, brings home a hitch-hiker, a charismatic, deeply disturbed young man. Grudgingly, Terry's wife, a evangelical Christian, accepts the boy, who immediately strikes up a very dangerous relationship with their grandson, Evan, living with them since his mother's death. The book, edgy and often disturbing, moves relentlessly toward the inevitable bloody explosion as we watch searing violence and demonic cruelty tear into the fabric of love, lies, and compromise that make up life in a small town.
• "A searing tale that is brilliantly told -- and impossible to forget." -- Mark Nykanen, author of Burn Down the Sky.
• "Not only is the slow-burn build up of suspense masterful, but it also gives time for the carefully realized characters to be taken to heart ..." -- Adam S. on goodreads.com
• "I quickly got caught up in the story within the sample chapter. I want to read more. The languaging brought forth images..." -- Linda on goodreads.com
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: The Girl on the Mountain by Carol Ervin|
• Book Review: Family History by Hazel Hart|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|