Book: The Surgeon's Blade (Diana Rivers 3) by Faith Mortimercategories: Book, Mystery, Murder, Stalker, British Detective, Female Sleuth, Medical Romance, Medical Mystery, Psychological Suspense Thriller
Faith Mortimerabout this book: This is the #3 in the Diana Rivers series, although Diana does appear less in this book than the others in the series.
As an ex-nurse I wanted to combine a murder mystery with a medical drama - hence The Surgeon's Blade, although it is primarily murder mystery than medical. The mystery is blended within the hospital confines and affects members of the medical profession, including our heroine, nursing sister Libby Hunter.
The writing is written in a thriller vein, a stalker is watching Libby and I leave a lot of imagination to the reader...I wanted the reader to experience Libby's feelings and worries - just before the stalker strikes!
I enjoyed writing this and particularly like my cover...the symbol is of course as everyone knows the surgeon's own!
Set in England, I believe this will appeal to a wide audience who enjoy a good mystery with plenty of tension.
• "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. So refreshing to read a great, exciting, griping story without all the gutter language, profanity and lurid sexual scenes. I highly recommend The Surgeon's Blade and gladly give it a five star rating."
• "I have said this twice before when reviewing Faith's books, and I will say it again, because the compliment is warranted all the more. There is no doubt that Faith is well on the way to becoming the 21st century Agatha Christie. Christie's Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple will live on for many years; look out for Diana Rivers who will be making her name as a modern-day, fictional amateur sleuth. She appears in two of Faith's books as well as this one and this is one more mystery for her to solve."
• "Pretty blonde nurses are going missing and being stalked in two hospitals - in London and in Southampton ..."
• "Very good action and suspense. Right up my alley. Staying on the edge is great with this author and book."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Faith Mortimer
• Book Review: The Assassins' Village by Faith Mortimer|
• Book Review: Children of the Plantation (Diana Rivers 2) by Faith Mortimer|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|