Book: Death Island by Mark Juneskicategories: Book, Island, Death Penalty, Prison, Dinosaurs, Project for Justice
Mark Juneskiabout this book: Death Island is a thrilling book about Dinosaurs and people being thrown together on an island in the future. With a hand full of surviving inmates trying to make it day by day.
• What inspired you to write this book?
I have always been fascinated by that period of time. Even as a little kid I wondered what would happen if people were thrown in with them. Then Hollywood made movies.
• Who are the primary readers of your book?
Almost anyone, from the age of 13 and older.
• How long did it take to write it?
I started writing in about 1997, give or take a year.
• How did you come up with the title?
The title was the easy part, everything basically happens on an island.
• Why did you choose this cover?
The publisher designed the cover, I submitted a cover idea of men and women in the middle with a T-Rex in the upper right hand corner looking at them, and in the bottom left hand corner some Velociraptor's also looking at them.
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hard part for me was keeping the characters straight.
• Did you do research for your book? What did that involve?
Most of my research happened while I was growing up, not realizing that all of the reading wound someday lead to a book. As an adult I would read anything about Dinosaurs. And still do when time permits.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes! It was a lot harder than one would think. And I have a deeper appreciation for all Authors. And the editing seemed to take forever.
• What do you want to say to your readers?
I hope everyone that picks up a copy enjoys reading it as much as I did writing it.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Killer Art - Florida's Death Row Artists by Chris Dahl|
• Book Review: Mountain of Death (Death Series) by L W Smith|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|