Book: Before Baby - A step-by-step guide to making and freezing meals before your newborn makes cooking impossible by Autumn Hoverter with Ben Hoverter
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Autumn Hoverterabout this book: Eating after having a baby can be a challenge. It's hard just to get out of bed in those first weeks, much less find the time to shop for groceries and cook. You can rely on friends and family to provide food, but that can be unpredictable. You can get a chef service if you have the money, but most of us don't. Or you can eat take-out and canned food for a month… if you can tolerate it.
What if you didn't have to do any of those things? What if there was a better, easier way?
Before Baby is a full color e-book dedicated to helping families prepare delicious and nutritious meals to eat after their bundle of joy arrives. I started writing this book while pregnant with my first son because, as a nutritionist, I knew how important good food was to your recovery after birth. Now that I'm a mom, I can also tell you that eating well will preserve your health and sanity with a newborn!
This book is perfect for:
- People without a lot of family support who will be responsible for feeding themselves
- Families that have children who need to be fed regardless of how mama and papa are feeling
- Families who want to continue to eat healthily despite the big changes in their lives
- Families with specific dietary needs
- Friends and families of expectant parents who want to contribute during those first weeks after the baby comes home
Before Baby includes:
- 15 flexible, freezable full-meal recipes that are naturally gluten- and dairy-free
- Step-by-step instructions for the best ways to safely freeze and thaw whole meals
- Three different preparation schedules and workflow tips
- Ideas for other meals and snacks with a newborn
- Nutritional insights to keep baby, mama and the whole family healthy
- Easy modifications to make all recipes vegan
And we make it simple! You choose your ten favorite recipes and follow one of three different cooking timelines that suits your lifestyle and energy level. You can choose to use either your slow cooker or your stovetop for each recipe, and every recipe makes several quarts of food--enough for two or three meals, depending on how many mouths you have to feed.
And the best part? Every recipe is naturally gluten- and dairy-free, eliminating two of the major allergens that can irritate newborns through your breast milk!
Available now for Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com. Download a free sample today!
About the Author
Autumn is a registered dietitian nutritionist and a mother to a vivacious toddler. She spent many years in private practice, specializing in digestive issues, food allergies and whole food nutrition. She has taught nutrition counseling at Bastyr University, worked as a consultant for Fortune 500 companies, and made several appearances as a nutrition expert on Seattle's Q13 Fox. Currently, she works as a writer and consultant while caring for her little boy and cooking delicious and nutritious food!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Slow Cooker Recipes - 50 Quick Easy Slow Cooker Meals (Quick Easy Recipes) by Alexa Cookster|
• Book Review: 7 Days of Italian Cooking - Gracie's Guide to Everyday Meals (Gracie's Italian Living Series) by Mike ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|