Book: The Red Letter Prayer Life - 17 Words from Jesus to Inspire Practical, Purposeful, Powerful Prayer by Bob Hostetlercategories: Book, Gospels, Christian, Jesus, Red Letter, Inspiration, Humor, Bible, Blessed, Christian Living, Prayer
Bob Hostetlerabout this book: If anyone exemplifies the blessed life, it is Jesus. Though he never owned a home or car, and never held season tickets for his favorite baseball team (the Cincinnati Reds, in case you were wondering), he lived a singular life. An abundant life. A rich life. A healing life. A life filled with laughter and song. A life that exuded beauty and blessing. A water-to-wine, walking-on-water, lunch-for-the-multitude, and victory-over-sin-and-death kind of life.
Who wouldn't want that kind of life? Who wouldn't love to know the secret of a life such as that? But how did Jesus do it? How did he get those riches? Was he born to such blessing? Did he bring those things with him from heaven? Were such blessings his because he was the Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah? Or did he access those blessings in the same way we can?
We don't have to guess at the answer. The snapshots of Jesus we see in the Gospels reveal that his blessed life was due in large part to his prayer life. Prayer was the conduit by which he healed the sick, cast out demons, and raised the dead. And those writings also depict how we can live that kind of life, too.
That's the idea of my book, The Red Letter Prayer Life. By focusing on just seventeen words of Jesus himself about prayer, it shows how to live a life like you never thought possible.
• "One of the most genuinely satisfying and cordial books about prayer for Christians that I have ever seen. It is engaging, humble, and totally appealing, while at the same time being deeply scriptural"
— Phyllis Tickle, author of The Divine Hours
• "Bob Hostetler's book, The Red Letter Prayer Life….shows how just seventeen words and phrases of Jesus impart the secrets of prayer--the fountain and source of a thousand blessings. This is a book to be read and reread"
— Josh McDowell, author of More Than a Carpenter
• "This book will expand your prayer life. It did mine"
— Rick Hamlin, executive editor, Guideposts magazine
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Bob Hostetler (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The Red Letter Life - 17 Words from Jesus to Inspire Simple, Practical, Purposeful Living by Bob Hostetler|
• Book Review: Prayer Worrier - Turning Every Worry into Powerful Prayer by Jennifer Waddle|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|