Book: Into The Abyss by Christopher Griffithcategories: Book, Depression, Melancholy, Hope, Despair, Self-Examination, Death, Life, Innocence, Experience, War, Peace, Mental Illness, Poetry
Christopher Griffithabout this book: • What is the Abyss trilogy about?
A journey into, through and out of mental illness
• What benefits does it offer my readers?
It charts the descent into and recovery process from depression – hope can come from crisis, tragedy doesn't always have to win the day
• What inspired me to write the Abyss trilogy!!?
It's wholly autobiographical, a record of my time fighting bipolar disorder
• Who is it intended for?
Poetry readers and those who may be interested in mental illness, either as sufferers themselves or having relatives and friends who may suffer from depression
• How long did I take to write it?
• How did I come up with the title?
The central poem View From the Window mentions the abyss into which all sufferers look
• Why did I choose this cover?
Fire for entering the abyss, smoke from a mountain as I chug through it, and a mottled sunset to depict the emergence though still affected state of the sufferer as he/she comes to term with his/her illness
• What was the hardest part of writing the Abyss trilogy?
Writing the poems helped alleviate my condition although penning some of them took me back to places I sometimes wish I had never revisited
• Did I do research for it?
Not really – all the poems come from my own experience although of course my reading history will have shaped them too
• Did I learn anything from it?
Yes, that framing a narrative for the traumas in your life can help you overcome them
• What do I want to say to my readers?
I really hope you enjoy the poems, and if so tell the world!!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Christopher Griffith
• Book Review: Through the Abyss by Christopher Griffith|
• Book Review: Out of the Abyss by Christopher Griffith|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|