Book: Endings - Poetry and Prose by William Poecategories: Book, Literary Fiction, LGBT Fiction, Gay Fiction, Historical Novel, Hollywood Novel, Unification Church, Cults, Drug Addiction, Recovery, Self Discovery, Sun Myung Moon, Poetry
William Poeabout this book: Endings is a collection of poems and short stories that explore resentment, lost love, remorse, and death, which pull at the emotions from the darker side of life.
The ultimate sacrifice is made by an artist, a woman trapped in a suffocating relationship takes matters into her own hands, a boy is bullied to the point of no return, a gay man struggles to find his place in the world, another is trapped by circumstances beyond his control. These are just some of the many narratives about art, death, relationships, being, and reflecting.
• "Poe's voice is both mature and unique. He draws convincing details from his past studies in art and anthropology, and his characters brim with authenticity." — Peter Dabbene, ForeWord Reviews
• "The poems and stories focus on sadness, death, frustration, fear, and violence. Yet in the hands of a practiced craftsman, even these subjects take on dignity, and sometimes a spot of wry humor." — IndieReader
• ". . . powerful and resonant for many who have struggled with a stigmatized identity. . . short story passages practically leap off of the page." — Kirkus Reviews
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by William Poe
• Book Review: Simple Simon by William Poe|
• Book Review: Simon Says by William Poe|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|