Book: Disguised Blessings - One woman's inspiring story of transformation and a model for reclaiming YOUR life. by Chara Daviscategories: Book, Self-Help, Weight Management, Depression, Inspiration, Anxiety, Addictions, Abuse, Health, PTSD, Victims, Wellness, Compulsive Disorders, Personal Growth
Chara Davisabout this book: "She's been through hell and came out an angel. You didn't break her, darling. You don't have that kind of power."
My name is Chara Davis, author of the book Disguised Blessings. I am a survivor of neglect and sexual abuse. I felt compelled to bring my story to life to help anyone suffering from an unpleasant past. Disguised Blessings is a heartfelt, true and honest memoir written to guide individuals through some of their darkest memories and experiences. Readers will walk along side of me throughout my childhood, teenage, adult years and read my personal heartache and trauma. Many of the circumstances are by no means ideal, they are disturbing, but, honest and true. The steps that saved my life, helped me to overcome my addictions, and lead me to recovery, are helping hundreds all over the world.
• "I was able to connect with Chara Davis' "Disguised Blessings" immediately after just reading the introduction. The fact that one woman is brave enough to put her life challenges out in the open for others to read about in our current society is remarkable."
• 'Amazing, heart-wrenching, incredibly inspiring! This story resonates with me not because I suffered abuse in any way, but on a human level, experiencing life on earth & how we can learn to accept the contrasts that come our way as true " blessings in disguise"."
• 'I was quite skeptical when I picked up the book as recently I have found so few books I actually enjoy reading. I read 48 pages at the first sitting and could have read the whole book if life did not interfere.'
• "This is by far one of the best books I have read in a long time! To see how far this woman came and how much she endured, she did not let the past define her!"
• "Absolutely loved and enjoyed this book. Shocking to believe one person could endure everything she has gone through.I would recommend this book to everyone."
The biggest challenge for me during this process was exposing myself and my true story for the world to read. Reliving and remembering those dark days were unbearable at times, however, my passion for helping others soared as I was approaching the final stages of publishing.
Survivors of any form of abuse, addiction, and neglect, or suffer from PTSD, do not have to live as a forever victim. If you change your mind, you will change your life. Becoming a victor is something we can all do with hard work and dedicating your life to being happy!
Chara Davis, author, Disguised Blessings
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: HAPPY PEOPLE over 40 - How to be happy - Happiness step by step - stop existing and start living! by ...|
• Book Review: That's None Of Your Business - And Other Things God Told Me by Donna Davis|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|