Book: Character Building Stories - Friendship Skills for Raising Happy Children + 75 Parenting Tips by Jean Tracy
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Jean Tracyabout this book: Character Building Stories: Friendship Skills for Raising Happy Children + 75 Parenting Tips helps kids make friends. This interactive book between parent and child includes typical social problems children face. Within each story is a special solution, a positive self-talk rhyme, and a discussion to encourage children to use each friendship skill in their relationships.
5 of the 20 Friendship Skills Include:
1. Rubber Band Ruby discovers the 'Friendly Stretch' for changing her bossy behavior. She learns that playing games other children suggest is important for making friends.
2. Funny Bones Fanny uses the 'Laughter Law' to gain confidence, use humor, and become a class leader.
3. Ice-Breaker Brenda, the new girl in school, relies on her 'Brave Button' to boost her courage and ask the kids to play.
4. Risk-Taker Ricky's best and only friend moved away. His teacher helps him expand his 'Comfort Zone' to make new friends.
5. Nail-Biting Nate works on overcoming his shyness with the 'If-Then Formula.'
As a mother, elementary school teacher, and family counselor, I've witnessed the pain that friendless children experience. Parents, teachers, and counselors can use this book to help their children learn the friendship skills they need to make the friends they long for.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Character Building Stories - Friendship Skills for Raising Happy Children by Jean Tracy
• Book Review: Billy makes a new friend! - Social skills Children's books collection (Kid's stories for Happy Children) ...|
• Book Review: Mom's Journey - Practical Tips for Raising Kids by Limor Friedman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|