Book: Dog! - You'll Never Look At Your Dog the Same Way Again. by Mike Robbinscategories: Book, Urban Fantasy, Humor, Dogs, Reincarnation, World War Two, Afterlife, Redemption, British Humor, Humour, Philosophy, Paranormal
Mike Robbinsabout this book: Who, really, is your dog?
Bazza is a cheerful, beer-swilling college lecturer with a penchant for weed and redheads. One day he adopts a dour old rescue dog. They're happy enough together, in their own way. Then a Himalayan Buddhist monk comes to visit – and senses the dog has walked the earth before. Who was he? Why has he come back? A story unfolds of war and betrayal, love, loss and murder.
Bazza and his dog will make you laugh. But they might also make you cry. And you'll wonder who and what we are, and why; and where we are all going.
• "In sum, there are some books that one admires, others are respected, a very few are treasured. Dog! is a book to be loved." — San Diego Book Review
From reader reviews of Dog!:
• "I actually thought the ending of Dog was particularly fantastic and I found myself thinking about it for a good while." — Rupert Dreyfus
• "When I started this book, I expected a humorous piece on how a dog perceives its humans, and I was happy with that idea. I was wrong. This was so much more. Dog! Is a tale of redemption, of a soul in torment, but with some hilarious, laugh out loud moments as well as some profound sadness." — Emma Jaye
• "This is a lovely piece of writing." — Clive Seale
• "This is truly innovative literature. A remarkable achievement." — Anthony Stancomb
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Mike Robbins
• Book Review: I'm Listening With a Broken Ear by Vicky S Kaseorg|
• eBook Review: Tails of My Rescue Dog by Dawn Starek|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|