Book: One More Play by Dr. James M. Perduecategories: Book, Adversity, Perseverance, Persevere, Challenge, Persistance, Spinal Cord Injury, Tragedy, Triumph Over Tragedies, Motivational, Inspirational, Overcome Adversities
Dr. James M. Perdueabout this book: This is a memoir of my life about my desires of becoming a professional baseball player, after I became a quadriplegic and my overcoming adversities. The title One More Play came because I was through playing football for the day and I heard someone say, "We need someone to run the ball." I replied, "I'll come back for one more play." That incident is responsible for were my life is today.
The book cover demonstrates the significance areas of my life. The baseball bats and ball field represents how I loved to play baseball. The football symbolizes how I became a quadriplegic. The wheelchair – well that show be self explained. Finally, the black Lab Ricardo came to my rescue.
This book will motivate and inspire anyone that has been through adversities. With people returning from our wars with disabilities, this book will demonstrate to them that there is life after becoming disabled.
• "I cried, I laughed, I was deeply touched and inspired!" — Holly Heise
• "This book would be a great gift for someone you know who needs a kick in the pants to get motivated and stop living in their own pity-party." — Dwayne Smith
• "James is inspiring - a motivator of the highest order and his service dog "Ricardo" deserves honorable mention. Ricardo and James are a team - it's true a "love story" about a man and his dog while this wonderful book tells a true account of how James overcame obstacle after obstacle!" — Marshall and Judith Kay Dozier
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: One More Play by Dr. James M. Perdue
• Book Review: How to Succeed in High School and Prep for College - Book 1 of How to Succeed in High School, College and ...|
• Book Review: Inspirational Words of Wisdom for Challenging Times by Marquita Herald|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|