Book: Atlanta Blues by Robert Lambcategories: Book, Prostitutes, Pimps, Murder, Mystery, Realistic Thriller, Noir Fiction
Robert Lambabout this book: A reporter and two cops look for a missing college girl. The search leads through the underbelly of urban Atlanta to murder and heartbreak.
As a reporter for The Atlanta Constitution, I covered many stories about life on the city's mean streets. I always knew I would some day write about it.
• 'This haunting novel will keep you awake — reading it the first night, thinking about it afterwards.' — Richard Layman, author/publisher
• 'Reading Atlanta Blues was like watching a police cruiser scream down Peachtree, sirens blaring. A very nifty piece of storytelling.' — Jim Auchmutey, feature writer, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
• 'As a detective, I've worked murders, rapes, robberies, and kidnappings. Atlanta Blues gets at the very heart of what we do in a world the public seldom sees—and that many don't want to see.' — Walt Bales, investigator, former Officer of the Year, Columbia, S.C.
• 'One of the three best novels of the year by a Southern writer – and maybe the best!' — The Sumter Item, year-end roundup of books
• '[This novel] is almost Chandleresque in the way it explores the dark soul and swift undercurrents of the glittering hub of the New South.' — Mark A. Bradley, former CIA officer; author, A Very Principled Boy
• 'A cat-and-mouse thriller that blows Elmore Leonard out of the water and gives Joseph Wambaugh a tight run for the money.' — Wade Tabor, author, Miller's Rules and The Long-Range Plan
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Robert Lamb
Video: Atlanta Blues by Robert Lamb
• Book Review: A Message in the Roses by Sandy Semerad|
• Book Review: And Tell Tchaikovsky the News by Robert Lamb|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|