Book: Delicious Little Traitor - A Varian Pike Mystery (Volume 1) by Jack DeWitt
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Jack DeWittabout this book: When Freddy Greenbaum asks Varian Pike to find his missing niece, he has no idea that the search will take him from Connecticut to Pennsylvania and deep in to the heart of the paranoia that is 1950's Washington. The determined Pike is not about to let two government agencies stand in his way as he digs into the disappearance of Lara Greenbaum. With the help of his mysterious friend Louis and a delightful woman, he discovers that nothing is at it seems and this is especially true of Lara. Full of twists and turns Delicious Little Traitor turns the clichés of the Fifties upside down and inside out. Delicious Little Traitor, the first in the Varian Pike Mystery series, is published by Black Opal Books and available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords as well as other sites.
• "This book is great, punchy, quick-moving, sassy and sensitive simultaneously, love the detailed history and the jazz, makes me feel like I'm there, the frost on the inside of the windshield, the cop psychology, the sex scenes will rattle your bones. WOW."
— Merilyn Jackson (dance critic for the Philadelphia Inquirer)
• "DeWitt creates a palpable portrait of America in the 1950s...This is not noir-as-atmosphere and local color. It's noir as our shaping history."
— Peter Stambler, author of Encounters with Cold Mountain.
• "A real page-turner! Dewitt really nailed the noir genre. As I read it, I felt as if I was in a 50's b&w movie. Tightly drawn characters, unexpected plot twists, excellent evocative writing. Hard to put down!" — A fan on Amazon
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Secrets of a Real-Life Female Private Eye by Colleen Collins|
• Book Review: TOUCHING THE WIRE by Rebecca Bryn|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|