Book: Swimming Upstream (Raja Williams Series) by Jack Thompsoncategories: Book, Mystery Series, Suspense, Private Investigator, Detective, Environment, Corruption, Mystery Thriller
Jack Thompsonabout this book: Swimming Upstream, the third Raja Williams mystery novel, is a thrilling mystery adventure set in the great Northwest. When Kate Bachman, a young lawyer for the top environmental law firm, is found dead, the initial conclusion is accident. Unsatisfied with this finding and desperate to save her husband from the alcoholic maelstrom he has fallen into, Kate's mother calls on Raja Williams, a private investigator with a nose for trouble.
One central theme in the book is the battle between large international corporations seeking profitable natural resources and those individuals determined to protect the environment. As the earth becomes smaller and smaller these two interests are destined to collide repeatedly, with humanity's destiny determined by the outcome.
I enjoyed researching the setting and theme for the novel and creating memorable characters as I go. I learned a lot about the First Nations people living in the Northwest Territories of Canada.
My readers are fans of mystery detective stories who enjoy a good whodunnit with lively dialogue and unique characters. Swimming Upstream is a fast-paced story that is fun to read. Here's what some of my fans have said:
• "Move over Hammett and Chandler, Jack Thompson has done it again and has written a very fast paced crime thriller! It grabs the reader's mind right off the get go and doesn't let go."
• "The pace moves right along and is captivating. There are many plots and twists, and danger for Raja and his cohorts in this novel."
• "There are so many novels these days about psychotic, mass-murderers and featuring low-life, flawed anti-heroes. It's refresing to read a book where the main characters, Raja and Vinny, are upbeat and decent."
While Swimming Upstream is the third book in the series, it can be read as a stand-alone novel.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Secrets of a Real-Life Female Private Eye by Colleen Collins|
• Book Review: Dead Wood (John Rockne Mysteries Book 1) by Dan Ames|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|