Book: Take No More (The murder mystery thriller) (James Blake #1) by Seb Kirbycategories: Book, Crime, Art, Murder, Suspense, Mystery Thriller
Seb Kirbyabout this book: TAKE NO MORE is the first in the James Blake thriller series.
A single act turns James' life upside down. He comes home to find his wife, Julia, shot and bleeding. She dies in his arms.
The police are no help. He's sure they're trying to fit him up for the murder.
He checks Julia's messages and finds just one. It says 'help me'. It comes with an image of a strange classical painting. It's all he has to go on. That and the fact that someone is trying to kill him.
But he will find Julia's killers, no matter what it takes.
James Blake's search for the truth takes him to Florence and into the heart of an international art crime conspiracy.
• 'I enjoyed the setting in Italy and I liked the way the murder mystery linked around the main topic.'
• 'I really liked the main character, James Blake and his fearless pursuit of the truth.'
• 'I loved the inclusion of a more modern evil …. along with the search for lost classic art and the romantic tale of James Blake, who loved his wife very much…'
• 'Take great art of the Italian Renaissence, throw in a 21st century crime family reminiscent of the Borgias, a trace of darkness, a lot of murder and you have a good read for a rainy day….'
• 'Mystery and the arts – a great combo. The art world depiction was fascinating…. Made me want to visit the Louvre again.'
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Seb Kirby
• Book Review: REGRET NO MORE (James Blake #2) by Seb Kirby|
• Book Review: FORGIVE NO MORE (James Blake thriller series Book 3) by Seb Kirby|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|