Book: The Duplicata by David Thornhill Thompsoncategories: Book, Ferrari, International Motor Sport, Counterfeiting, Luxury Life, Italy, New York, California Coast, Big Sur, Mexico, Mystery Thriller
David Thornhill Thompsonabout this book: The Duplicata—Catch Me If You Can
This is my first novel. I have used the written word and my creativity to make a living for many years—but never in fiction. I am an avid reader of all the best writers of mysteries and thrillers and for many years hoped that one day I could write a novel. Then the opportunity of three months of free time came my way and I decided to "go for it."
The Duplicata is the product of those 3 months plus much editing and rewriting a few years later and then with the birth of e-books, publishing.
The Duplicata is the story of Ned Pearson, scion of a very wealthy establishment, banking family, who for personal reasons chooses a different path in life; motor sports competition and international journalism. In other words, he breaks out. Then he is asked by the family to investigate the mysterious death of a cousin in a fiery crash of a rare and valuable car. His offer to help the bereaved parents understand this tragedy nearly gets Ned killed by some evil people.
The Duplicata has received 27 four and five star reviews and 1 scathing review. I guess that's at least par for Amazon territory and puts The Duplicata in a lot of very nice company. Here are a few positive comments:
• "Right up there with Baldacci and Connelly. Well developed characters keep me guessing who was involved with whom."
• "Love how the story is told by the lead character can't wait for next book!"
• "Chapter 1 gets right into high gear and it's overdrive after that. There is no putting it down as each chapter hooks you into the next."
• "The author's deft handling of the car racing sport reminded me a bit of some of the Dick Francis horse racing mysteries. The author's ability to present an interesting and understandable background for the car racing sport definitely increased my attraction to this book."
Comparisons to the best of mystery writers is very flattering. I hope that readers who read for fun and not for blood will enjoy the trip. And in response to reader pleas I'm working on Ned's next adventure.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Insider Secrets To Raising Capital From Angel Investors by Vinil Ramdev|
• Book Review: Maggie's Image (Maggie McGill Mysteries Book 1) by Sharon Burch Toner|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|