Book: Kings & Queens by Courtney Vailcategories: Book, Young Adult, Friendship, Suspense, Romance, Baseball, Mystery Thriller
Courtney Vailabout this book: Live chess meets mass murder in the twisty mystery thriller, Kings & Queens.
As manager of her school's baseball team, 17-year-old Majesty Alistair keeps the stats, stocks the snacks, lures the scouts with glossy player profiles and her rock-the-house brownies and does whatever she can to help the Colts defend the state crown——getting her crush, Derek, to notice her wouldn't hurt either, or the cops to look into her father's fatal car wreck. But when she overhears two fellow students planning a church shooting, it upends her vital priorities. Holding zero cred with police and only tidbits of a deadly conspiracy, she calls in an anonymous tip and sets out to the ID or thwart the nutjobs herself before they act. But, they have an agenda far bigger than she ever assumed, and she becomes the centerpiece in a ruthless game that casts even her closest friends under suspicion.
• "Best book I've read this year...out of 79 books." — Jennifer Golub ~ Waiting on Sunday to Drown
• "I felt like my brain was twisted and curled, in a good way, like by the LOST creators." — Ashley ~ FiveStarBooks.
• "WOW. This was an AWESOME, twisted, capturing tale. Like Gossip Girl with deadly consequences." — Teresa Rice
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Kings & Queens by Courtney Vail
• Book Review: A Pitch for Justice by Harold Kasselman|
• Book Review: Running Out The Hurt by Robert Joe Stout|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|