Book: The Spirit Keepers by J.S. Winncategories: Book, Suspense, Native American, New Mexico, Witches, Kachina, Kiva, Pueblo, Mystery Romance
J.S. Winnabout this book: Can you escape the wrath of the Spirits?
One of Sandy Jacobs' ten year old students and his family are accused of witchcraft. Blamed for the mysterious deaths of two San Anselmo Pueblo children, they're terrorized by "Boogeymen" Kachina, fierce-looking impersonators of the spirits. Sandy rushes to their aid, but her actions inflame the perpetrators and arouse the opposition of Native born faculty member, Ben Rush. Sandy and Ben clash over the issue while struggling against the attraction growing between them until the harassment culminates in violence. Together they risk their lives to uncover the truth and, in the process, learn lessons as valuable as any they have taught.
For all those fascinated by the American Southwest, Native American culture and Tony Hillerman mysteries.
• "JS Winn Has Done It Again.."
• "This is an exquisite story .."
• "It does exactly what a novel should do-transport you out of time into a place and world you can feel under your skin."
• "A novel you cannot put down full of love, compassion and life- yes, there is a twist that takes your breath away..."
• "Great Read for my book club"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by J.S. Winn
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Spirit of the Mountain (Spirit Trilogy Book 1) by Paty Jager|
• Book Review: Spirit (Spirit series, Book 1) by Jodi LaPalm|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|