Book: (Anxious) Rick With A (Bipolar) View: Mental illness beaten by coming of age friendships, love and electronic music! by Christopher Griffithcategories: Book, DJ, Depression, Friendship, Party, Sex, Counselling, Relapse, Humour, Love, Nightclub, Beer, Music
Christopher Griffithabout this book: • What is the book about?
Depression & Music
• What benefits does it offer my readers?
Through the story, it helps us to understand better some of the ways in which depression can be alleviated
• What inspired me to write the book?
My own experiences suffering from depression, and my hobby of pretending to be a superstar DJ which offset the illness at many turns
• Wh•o is it intended for?
It's a young adult book, but younger or older audiences might resonate with it also
• How long did I take to write it?
• Why did I choose this cover?
A DJ mixer – how apt!!
• What was the hardest part of writing the book?
I found revisiting the illness quite a difficult process, particularly the parts in the middle of the book when the protagonist endures relapse
• Did I do research for it?
None, I was simply writing from experience
• Did I learn anything from it?
It kind of reinforced what I knew already, that friendship and music go a long way to solving the angst of us all when we're young
• What do I want to say to my readers?
I really hope you enjoy the book, and if so tell the world!!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Christopher Griffith
• Book Review: It's Not Your Journey by Rebecca Ann Lombardo|
• Book Review: Surrounded By Madness - A Memoir of Mental Illness and Family Secrets by Rachel Pruchno, Ph.D.|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|