Book: Don't let it Show by Randy Bouchercategories: Book, Gay, Ex Jehovah Whitness, Child Visitasion, Coming Out, Alcoholic Parent, Suicide, Memoirs
Randy Boucherabout this book: This journey of life would have been a waste of time if I hadn't learned something from it. Life would have been so much easier if I would have just been myself. Don't worry of what others think of you. Don't worry about religion, family, friends, just be true to yourself. I've spent so much wasted time hiding the real me. We all get one life and it's up to use to choose for ourselves how we are going to use it.
There are no do overs, only regrets. What have I learned in hope to enlighten you. I'm no profit, the heavens are not going to open and all of a sudden you will hear music. I can tell you right now, that shit is not going to happen. The best I can do is mention what it took me 57 years to learn. Ya. Ya. I'm a slow learning.
1. Always be yourself.
2. Leave yesterday behind
3. Everyone makes mistakes, forgive them.
4. Search within yourself for what makes you happy, then take it.
5. Not everyone is going to like you, and that's ok.
6. If what your doing is not working for you, start over.
7. Everyday make some happy. Don't just try, do it
You will find yourself laughing or crying, sometimes at the same time. This is my hard-hitting true story.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: A Long Way Gone - Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah|
• Book Review: Journey into Dawn by Don Stockard|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|