Book: Walking In Her Shoes by Marylou Depeiza
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Marylou Depeizaabout this book: Walking In Her Shoes is about a single mother raising six children in Boston. A single mom, whose husband died fighting for his country. Marylou the youngest daughter never knew him. After her mother's death, she wants to find out about him. She takes her readers on a fascinating and compelling journey, as the secrets are revealed.
• What inspired you to write this book?
There were questions that went unanswered that inspired me to write this book.
• Who are the primary readers of your book?
My primary readers are single moms, ages twenty to ninety men and women.
• How long did it take to write it?
It took me seven years to complete my book. A co-worker gave me the title.
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part was deciding what to write without hurting the people that were in the story. A lot of research went into this story.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
This was my very first book and I learned that never lose the thought. If it comes to you at an awkward time, write it down.
• What do you want to say to your readers?
I hope you enjoy reading Walking In Her Shoes, as much as I enjoyed writing it.
• "I am not much of a book reader, but i read this book, and i could not put it down, I recommend it highly, can't wait for her next book to come out." — fran
• "I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was heart wrenching, inspiring and intriguing. I will recommend this book to my friends and family." — Dina
• "Walking In Her Shoes is a biographical account of life with her mother. The book is an intimate and loving portrayal of a woman who tenaciously kept a family fed, clothed and together no matter how little she had. It also chronicles the later life and decline of a strong woman and how it affected those she loved and loved her." — The Sturbridge Times Magazine May 2013
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video 1: Hello Mr. Tyler Perry
Video 2: Madea's Ransom
• Book Review: Soaring As A Parent - Secrets To Being Great by Dr. Judith Rolfs|
• Book Review: Growing Up Country - Memories of an Iowa Farm Girl by Carol Bodensteiner|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|