Book: Definition of Freedom by Lily Amiscategories: Book, Depression, Bullying, Immigration, Unemployment, Burnout, Relationship, Social Isolation, Travel, Harassment, Europe, Freedom, Memoir
Lily Amisabout this book: Definition of Freedom is the follow-up story to Destination: Freedom, an autobiographical novel. The escape from a war-torn home to Europe was only the start of a new set of problems. The sacrifice of giving up everything precious in her young life was only the beginning of a lifelong misery as an adult. Growing up in a country, where Lily felt unwelcome and rejected from minute one was an emotional disaster.
In Definition of Freedom, the follow-up story, Lily openly shares her experiences as a foreigner in Switzerland, where her life was constantly overshadowed by bureaucracy, discrimination, social isolation, bullying and unemployment. During the twenty-seven-year period waiting for her naturalization she experiences set-backs, betrayal and all-too-human disappointment. Despite everything, Lily and her Mom emerge stronger from every defeat and always fighting for their rights!
What readers say:
• "I recommend this book, which is written honestly and with so much passion to bring awareness to all victims of bullying."
• "A moving memoir with many important global topics such as bullying, dealing and fighting depression and much more. "
• "In all the bad Lily and her mom Sima still manage to see the brightness in Life. I specially love the chapter where Lily Amis describes the world from today to her grandparents that both have passed away for many years."
• "So many of us struggle to find the right way in Life. The way Lily Amis describes her way is inspiring and in many ways eye-opening."
• "It takes allot of courage to open-up your heart and soul and bring awareness to topics that most people are ashamed of!"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Lily Amis
Video: The Lily Amis Story - Official Book Trailer
• Book Review: Little Lily - based on the memoir Destination - Freedom by Lily Amis|
• Book Review: Destination: Freedom - a memoir based on the true life story of a young girl Lily and her mom by Lily Amis|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.