Book: Drop Out by Neil Ostroff
|4.3 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Neil Ostroffabout this book: What's the story behind my latest book?
A catastrophic moment in a friend's life. My friend was told he had pancreatic cancer and just two weeks to live. My wife and I made the decision to hospice him.
It was an incredibly powerful experience watching as his life slipped away and how he dealt with it psychologically. When the day finally came that he passed on, I was there to pull the sheet over his head. I've never been the same since.
This painful experience inspired my novel "Drop Out," which examines the meaning of life. My agent at the time was not happy because "Drop Out" was a change in genre. I normally write thrillers and sci-fi.
I couldn't just let it sit in a drawer so I decided to publish it through Amazon. Since then I've sold thousands of copies and get letters from readers all over the world telling me how the book has affected their lives.
The reviews say it all.
• "Finished it yesterday and still reeling... Wow! My literature professors always said that a novel is praiseworthy if it inspires in the reader strong emotions, and Neil Ostroff's Drop Out certainly does that."
— Elly Michaels
• "Ostroff hits a home run. Drop Out is a truly inspiring story of heartbreaking loss, survivor's guilt, and the healing power of unconditional love. I highly recommend this book."
— Dora Preston
• "One of the most emotionally moving books I have ever read. Since I am 82 years old I read this book rivited to the story line with so many deaths. I have had most of my friends pass and many with Hospice Care so I was attracted to learn what Hospice does to ease the end of life. The book was fast reading and very very moving. In a way it was extremely spiritual and it made me realize how lucky we all are for every breath we take and every day we live."
— Mary Lou Transue
Buy it and read it. You will not regret it.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Neil Ostroff (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: 50! The Life, Loves & Psyche of a Male Mid-life Crisis - The Journey by Cory Y. Standby|
• Book Review: Life's Rhythms by Terry Atkinson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|