Book: Clashing Cultures by Brenda Lowecategories: Book, Native American, Mystery, Suspense, Fiction, Thriller, Mafia
Brenda Loweabout this book: Clashing Cultures describes one woman's fight to save her son from the life of mafia family he is born into. Sharon Armani is a strong willed woman whose husband attempts to thwart her long-lived desire for education. She is estranged from her husband and afraid of the growing influence of the Family over her son, Nathaniel.
Nathaniel is an extremely intelligent boy with a photographic memory. In spite of the secrecy his father, uncles and grandfather constantly preach, he creates a game, testing his memory by creating computer records of everything he sees and hears.
One weekend while Nathaniel is away on a trip with his father, Sharon decides to play one of the computer games her son has. To her horror, she discovers the records he has been keeping. The horror immediately turns to fear as she realizes what those records mean.
Sharon's inner strength surfaces and she determines she will find a way to remove her son from this life. Assistance comes in the form of the brother she hasn't seen for several years. Eric Brandon has followed the life of his Native American ancestors, and has been looking for her on instructions from Grandfather. Together, they come up with a plan.
Nathaniel is taken secretly to the Tribe where Grandfather takes him on a year-long trek through the mountains, teaching the boy about his other heritage, while the Family conducts a frantic search to find him. Nathaniel must come to terms with two very different Clashing Cultures and make a terrible decision.
Clashing Cultures is the result of a very vivid dream. I wrote the dream down, and it gradually developed into this story. The Native American culture has always fascinated me and I read many, many books about different tribes, their ties to the land and their intriguing heritage.
• "Awesome book! Very interesting and exciting." — J. Ehrlich
• "I was so engaged in this story. It had a great plot and so many surprises. Good to the last page!" — C. Merlo
• "The characters are exciting and the story is gripping from the first page until the last. It is an entertaining and informative book that provides mystery, suspense and lots of action to keep your mind engaged and hungry for more page after page...a must read!" — P. Morales
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Contract Pending - A New York mafia crime family novel (Frankie Fiore Book 1) by Al Marsiglia|
• Book Review: The Recipe by Joseph Frank Parente|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|