Book: Shades of Love, stories from the heart by Sunny Lockwoodcategories: Book, Romance, Relationships, Short Stories, Women's Fiction, Family Dynamics, Marriage, Dating, Love
Sunny Lockwoodabout this book: A good love story isn't always about romance. Sometimes it's about what leads to romance. Or what happens after the romance fades. Sometimes it's about the complicated yet caring interactions between parents and children.
I wrote these six short stories to explore some of the ways we humans struggle with love. How our love sometimes hurts, sometimes heals, but almost always helps us grow.
Here's a glimpse of the stories in this book:
Story 1 - Longing for Love: It's February. Time for valentines and Cupid and chocolate. But will Julia Armstrong ever find a love of her own?
Story 2 - Something Special: A bridal shower confrontation between shy Brenda and her domineering mother, Adele, reveals how complex love can be.
Story 3 - Hilda's Secret: After 30 years of marriage, both full and empty, Hilda makes a decision that will change everything.
Story 4 - The Door: Julie Stevens decides to visit her father but when she reaches his apartment door, she's not sure if she should knock or just walk in.
Story 5 - Worst First: Miserable first dates are not the exclusive province of the young. My worst first took place when I was well into competent, confident middle age. And it took place in the most beautiful, romantic city in America.
Story 6 - Love's Echo: Pete Bishop's kids are college-bound. His wife just landed her first job. Is his precious family scattering or can his love hold them all together even as they pursue divergent paths?
Here are what some readers said after reading Shades of Love, stories from the heart:
• "If you like your characters well developed, you'll love this book." — Susan Rich, California
• "These stories are delightful! 'Worst First' had me laughing – talk about worst first dates!" — Cindy Adkins, Ohio
• "Each vignette is a delicious gem." — Book Babe, New York
• "These are book club stories, full of nuance. Sunny Lockwood hit dead center on issues of concern to many readers, and made me care." — Joel Blackwell, California
• "This collection of alternative love stories simply glows with serenity, sensitivity, wit and wisdom." — Laura Novak, California
• "The writing's easy, and the stories flow well … And at unexpected moments these characters reveal surprising depths." — Bookworm, Pennsylvania
I hope you'll enjoy reading Shades of Love, stories from the heart as much as I enjoyed writing it.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Sunny Lockwood
• Book Review: Are You Ready To Receive the Love You Desire - Preparing A Woman's Heart to Receive The Love She Desires ...|
• Book Review: Romance - P. S. You're In Love - Romantic Shorts and Other Things by Audrey Tolhouse|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|