Book: Romantic Farm by Terry Atkinsoncategories: Book, Romance, Finances, Inspiratational, Short Story, Romance, Love Story, Goals, Beauty, Travel, Romantic, Loving, Love
Terry Atkinsonabout this book: This short, romantic story is set in the beautiful country of South Africa. South Africa has big cities, 2 oceans and more than one glorious mountain range.
This short story is about a farm girl, Ruth, who grew up on a farm near the beautiful mountains of the "Drakensberg" (meaning the 'Dragon' mountains as their peaks represent the back of a dragon). Due to cruel circumstances of life, Ruth is compelled to move to the big city of Johannesburg, where she meets the love of her life. She marries her love and creates a life in the city with her family, but constantly yearns for the peace and tranquility of country life.
Disaster strikes a second time when a financial meltdown occurs in the economy. Once again, life choices need to be made in order to keep on surviving. But now, Ruth has her beloved Peter at her side and an entire family to consider.
This is a sweet, romantic tale. It contains some inspirational ideas for anyone faced with a life crisis. Life is what we create and is dependent on our attitude towards it.
Here are some reviews:
• 'Reminds me of my father's childhood Kansas farm. I, too, bought the family farm of peaceful, grazing cattle. I could relate to Ruth's pull-at-the-heartstrings memories. She relayed her feelings well.'
• 'Very interesting book. Simple but it leaves you with a desire to work for your goals. Recommended to anyone who wants to succeed in life.'
• 'How sweet a story, the tale of full circle. I think it is a great story to read with a cup of tea. Not only going back into her past, but it opens the mind not to forget ones either. Keep the dream alive, you just never know what opportunity may await you to live it.'
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Terry Atkinson (more)
• Book Review: Life's Rhythms by Terry Atkinson|
• Book Review: Lost Love by Terry Atkinson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|