Book: Life's Rhythms by Terry Atkinson
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Terry Atkinsonabout this book: Wendy has a good life. She lives by the seaside with her husband of many years. Her children are grown up and making their way as successful individuals out in the big world. She's led a good life and is happily married and happy with her choices in life.
She has struck luck in love and knows it. Others had not been so lucky, so she knew that she could appreciate her life. She also knew that love is a created thing and doesn't just "happen" by chance. Wendy created at her love, her family and her career - and her life was successful.
Faced with the loss of another love in her life, her mother, Wendy reflects on life and love and loss. She had not had to deal with the loss of someone so close to her before and this loss tests her happiness.
This short story of love, loss and life gives a different view on love and life. It is definitely a comforting read for anyone who has lost a loved-one. We all have our ways of dealing with the loss of the physical form of someone we loved. This story can help to heal the wound and can help one to find peace and to create at the future while not forgetting the ones we have loved in the past.
Here are some reviews:
• 'Wendy is sitting near the ocean listening to the crash of the waves, which to her is a reassuring, comforting sound - she is contemplating life, comparing life's rhythms to those of the ocean. The ending is simple and almost poetic: a tender, fulfilling read.'
• 'Wonderful short story letting us know that those we seek are never far. Sweet and hopeful read.'
• 'Thought provoking on a spiritual level. A very good enjoyable inspirational read.'
• 'Story reminds us that we are spiritual beings. Also that even if life can be sad there are always better things to come as life is created into the future.'
• 'A lovely, poignant story about the truth of life, do we just die or are we spirits that come back ... whatever is true for you is true. Read Life's Rhythms & decide for yourself.'
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Terry Atkinson (more)
• Book Review: New Love, New Life by Terry Atkinson|
• Book Review: Lost Love by Terry Atkinson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|