Book: Notes From The Other Side Of The Mountain by J. Allen Whittcategories: Book, Novel, Romance, War, Vietnam, Drama, Southwest, Navy, Nature, Mountains, History, Love Story
J. Allen Whittabout this book: This novel is a love story that can be enjoyed by both men and women. It is a first-person narration of how war--in this case, Vietnam--profoundly effects people and their relationships to each other for decades afterward. This story is particularly relevant today, in light of our recent long-running wars, and the multitude of deaths and traumas and personal injuries they have produced. In a more general sense, the novel is about how little we often really know about those closest to us, and the powerful, transformative experiences that may be buried within them.
• "...captivating... Amazing story!"
— Dean Kuch
• "This is easily one of the most touching things I've ever read... I love a book that can make me cry."
— P. T. Mayer
• "It had me in tears...beautiful writing and it touched me deeply."
— Janet Taylor-Perry
• "...absolutely beautiful...True prose poetry. Bravo!"
— John Hamler
• "Gorgeous description..."
— C. E. Jones
• "...filled with words that go down like fine wine."
— W. Dagnee
• "...sweeps across the page with beautiful images..."
— L. Rosen
• "...touched me in a way that not many things I read do. That's saying a lot considering that I read and edit for a living!"
— Paulette K. Kinnes
*** Selected as a Finalist in the 2013 New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards ***
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Make Love Not War by Margaret Tanner|
• Book Review: We Served In Silence by Glenn Fannin|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|