Book: Melting Ice (Roundwell Farm Trilogy) by Rosalie Ashcategories: Book, Contemporary Romance, Mills & Boon, Trilogy, Relationships, Love Story
Rosalie Ashabout this book: "'You're stunning, but completely crazy,' he said huskily, 'I don't have a clue what goes on in your head!'
'Right now, nor do I,' she whispered, 'I don't have a clue how you do this to me, if I did, I'd know how to stop you.'
'Don't. Don't stop me.' His voice was thick with desire and laughter."
Matt Larson has built his own wealth and success, but his tragic past means he avoids commitment at any cost. When he meets Victoria, beautiful, naive and way too young for him, one night turns their lives upside down. In the emotional rollercoaster that follows, the question is, will they destroy each other, or save each other?
Hello, I'm Rosalie Ash. I write mainstream contemporary love stories, full of emotion, sex, passion and conflict. My primary readers are women (plus some enlightened men!) who love romance with happy endings but lots of realistic emotional crises along the way.
MELTING ICE was the first book I had published by Harlequin Mills & Boon, back in 1989. The original version sold well, all over the world. I did quite a lot of research into the farming and antiques professions, before writing it. But when I re-published it as an e-book, in December 2012, I felt inspired to re-write it as book one of a trilogy, telling the love stories of three very different sisters who inherit Roundwell Farm.
The theme of the first book is love and redemption. Matt and Victoria are their own worst enemies. They are also complete opposites. Their journey leads them through self-absorption and betrayal, into an all-consuming love affair and ultimately a happy ending.
The title MELTING ICE probably sums up the story. The characters take it in turns to put up icy barriers between them, and it takes the strength of their underlying love for each other to thaw those barriers. Writing the story reminded me that successful relationships are not about 'me, me me'. Something Victoria finally learns, after much passionate battling with Matt!
• "Real characters. A romance with real characters and a sense of humour. True love maybe, but a lot of believable emotional baggage that has to be dealt with along the way." — by Wineberry
• "An excellent read. Rosalie Ash is back and better than ever. Melting Ice is a well written, compulsive read. I admit I had the free download but I would have happily paid money for it and can't wait for the second book in the trilogy." — by Jan
• "Loved it. I had to finally an reluctantly put it down at 2 am but picked it up first thing the next day. I will buy more works from Rosalie Ash." — by d.m. Evans
• "1st in the trilogy. I loved the story and the main characters Matt and Victoria. I'll be definitely reading more from Rosalie Ash, starting with the remaining books in this trilogy." — by Lynn Pool
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: The Story of Us Trilogy Boxed Set by Sydney Jamesson|
• Book Review: TouchStone for play (Story of Us Trilogy Book 1) by Sydney Jamesson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|