Book: Lili - A novel of Love, Suspense and Redemption of the True Kind by Shlomo Kalocategories: Book, Romantic Suspense, Spirituality, Contemporary Fiction, Love Story, Religious Fiction, Romance, Crime, Israeli Fiction, Spirituality Fiction, Literary Fiction
Shlomo Kaloabout this book: A realistic, extremely beautiful novel from the pen of Shlomo Kalo, a candidate for the Nobel Prize in Literature that interweaves together:
An unlikely love story between a prostitute and an ascetic;
A tight plot that takes place, among others, at the darker places of the city of Jaffa along with its singular, some very dangerous, characters and complex human situations;
A spiritual message about the struggle for happiness-without-disappointment, about the surprise one might encounter when finding a path to the depth of another person's soul and no matter how cliché this might sounds, about the all-conquering power of true love, when "true" is indeed true.
• "Lili is an ambitious, sweeping book, especially moving at the end...Shlomo Kalo is, obviously, a writer of talent, vision and significant accomplishment." — Daniel Menaker, HarperCollins, US
• "I read this with avid interest, and was truly captivated by the writing... the language has a rhythmical, soothing quality that makes the novel difficult to put down." — Shaye Areheart, Crown
• "Impressive storytelling talent and realism... The novel's structure and inner architecture are immaculate, and the plot, in spite of its contemplative quality, is suspenseful. It contains several human subtleties which the author delights in revealing. What makes "Lily" an interesting work is not solely its philosophical aspect or its literary aspect, but their integration." — Arik Glessner, Maariv newspaper, Israel
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Shlomo Kalo
• Book Review: THE TROUSERS Parables for the 21st Century - Short Wisdom Stories by Shlomo Kalo|
• Book Review: Upon Release From Prison - A True Crime Story of Redemption (Roll Call) by Glenn Langohr|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|