Book: The Truth About Amber by Kaye Nutmancategories: Book, Children's Book, Telling the Truth, Friendships, Pen Pals, Marriage, Divorce, Grandparents, Chapter Book, Parents, Dog, Girl Boy Friendship, Inventions, Life Lessons
Kaye Nutmanabout this book: Amber's life is turned upside down when she is forced to move to a small country town and live with her grandparents. Money is tight and they've don't even have a computer, let alone WiFi. I mean, how will she survive? While Mum is looking for work she begins to explore her new home town, finds her dotty grandma just might have some good ideas on making friends, and her equally dotty grandpa has a knack for making crazy inventions. Then there is Millie. Who's she, and how does Amber learn that telling the truth is simpler, much MUCH simpler than telling lies? Find out in this 12 Chapter book, suitable for 8 - 12 year's old, with many cute illustrations. Available as an eBook and in Paperback.
• "Great life lessons told in an engaging story. Young people and a number of adults I've known could all learn from what Amber and Millie learned!" — Lorna M. Souther
• "A great weekend read that grabs your attention quickly and never lets go. Engaging story that is well thought out and filled with fun characters who have delightfully quirky personalities." — Marti Owen
• "This book looks at the delicate issue of family breakups from the eyes of a young girl in a realistic way. It seemed like I was the little girl feeling confused and angry about the whole situation." — Rick Ricky
• "A lovely story about life lessons. A beautifully written book with delightful characters - definitely a great read for all ages."
• "With old-fashioned values and likeable characters of all ages, I'd recommend 'The Truth about Amber' as an extremely enjoyable book and well worth the read." — Denise Shine
• 'This book was extremely well written, humorous and insightful, plus it had some very memorable (and believable) characters and wonderful lessons! I loved the contrast of the two girls' real lives with their constant one-up-manship, especially as Amber began to accept - even appreciate - her new life and circumstances.' — Kristen Thomas
• 'An amazing story about learning, growing and finding yourself. A great weekend read that grabs your attention quickly and never lets go.' — Marti Owen
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Kaye Nutman
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: From Divorce To Destiny - Discovering the Biblical Truth Concerning When Divorce is Necessary by Amanda ...|
• Book Review: Bella World - Book 2 of The Three Lost Kids Trilogy by Kimberly Kinrade|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|