Book: The Collins Case (Heartfelt Cases Book 1) by Julie C. Gilbertcategories: Book, Christian, Inspirational, FBI, Agent, Rescue, Family, Friendship, Kidnapping
Julie C. Gilbertabout this book: The Collins Case is a novella about a pair of FBI agents working way overtime to rescue a kidnapped family. It's part of a larger series called Heartfelt Cases. Book 1, 2, and 3 are all novellas and book 4 is a full length novel.
• Why did I write it? --> Kidnappings happen. It's a sad part of life. In the news, I have no control over the victim's fate. I guess part of this is my desperate attempt to control the outcome. The subject is absolutely fascinating. I wanted to answer a few questions, or at the very least, I wanted to explore some questions. How do people deal with such a magnitude of loss and uncertainty? If you had the power to save somebody, would you? How far would you go to save a friend?
• Cover art: My friend and I designed the cover art from scratch because we wanted something unique yet awesomely similar to a comic book. It took us a day and 6 slices of pizza to go from ideas to finished product. Oddly enough, this concept was the first one he scratched out on scrap paper. We went through about 10 concepts before settling on this one. The font hunt was probably the biggest challenge for me, but I'd say the buildings in the background were the hardest for my friend (from the artistic perspective).
• Target audience: People who like Christian inspirational mysteries about FBI agents. Who doesn't love FBI agents.
My research for the project centered on the FBI's website, mapquest, and google to look up locations in S. Dakota.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Julie C. Gilbert
• Book Review: The Kiverson Case (Heartfelt Cases Book 2) by Julie C. Gilbert|
• Book Review: Deadly Justice by Darrell Case|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|