Book: Khalifah - A novel of conquest and personal triumph by John Elraycategories: Book, Historical Novel, Muslim, Caliphate, Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Historical, Muhammad, Mu'awiya, Umar, Empire, Sunni, Shia, Islam
John Elrayabout this book: KHALIFAH is a largely accurate historical novel that recaps the commandeering of the Muslim empire by the son of Muhammad's archenemy in the 7th century. Author John Elray takes you on a captivating journey back in time, delving into the mystery of the people, places, and customs of Islam in this true-to-life tale of passion and deceit. A timeless tale.
KHALIFAH was first published as a trade paperback in 2001, just prior to 9/11... uncanny timing for sure. It made it's debut in all the major bookstores in the U.S. and Canada while the author plied the talk show circuit. It's presently available as both trade paper and e-book (in various popular formats).
• "A powerful, fascinating story - superbly written, totally engaging from start to finish, and enthusiastically recommended."
— Midwest Book Review
• "Khalifah sweeps you across a landscape as unforgiving as those who vie to control it."
— The Philadelphia Inquirer
• "Unexpectedly mesmerizing. Lots of action, great characters, good plot, even a great love story among the well done battle scenes."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by John Elray
• Book Review: Arab-Islamic Groups and Organizations - From Muhammad to the Present by Saul Silas Fathi|
• Book Review: Honourable Defection by Husam Wafaei|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|